Breast Enhancement Surgery
Breast enlargement surgery, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), was the fourth most popular invasive surgical procedure among cosmetic plastic surgeries performed in 2000. In a press release dated July 12, 2001, the ASPS says that breast augmentation was performed on 212,500 women last year.
Meanwhile, millions of women have been subjected to the ill effects of these modern day vanity contraptions that were bought in good faith.
Silicone gel implants were banned in 1992 by FDA.
If you have (or had) a ruptured silicone breast implant, you will be denied Health Insurance Coverage.
Saline-filled implants tend to have a higher rate of leaking and deflation than silicone gel implants, which means more frequent surgery to replace them.
In a study published in the Lancet medical journal, Dr Lori Brown of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says: “There is emerging consensus that both the incidence and prevalence of breast-implant rupture are much higher than previously suspected.”
21% overall increase in cancers for women with implants, compared to women of the same age in the general population.
Implant patients were three times as likely to die from lung cancer, emphysema and pneumonia as other plastic surgery patients.The study is based on medical records and death certificates of almost 8,000 women with breast implants, including silicone gel implants and saline implants, and more than 2,000 other plastic surgery patients. ( National Cancer Institute (NCI), Boston University, Abt Associates, and the Food and Drug Administration, with Dr. Louise Brinton from NCI as lead author. )
- Tierney jokes about Gummy Bear boobs (hollywood.com)
- The World’s Largest Breast Implants Destroyed (amog.com)
- Should You Get a Boob Job? (lifescript.com)
- Online Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants Guide Answers Plastic Surgery Questions, Focuses on Patient Concerns (prweb.com)
- Horrifying Bra Implant Offers A New Kind Of Breast Enhancement [Breast Intentions] (jezebel.com)
- Breast Implants: Is Bigger Always Better? (prnewswire.com)
- Venezuela pol raffles breast implants for campaign (sfgate.com)
- Frankentittays To Be No More! Heidi Removing HUGE Breast Implants! (perezhilton.com)